Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Bored? No, Thank you.

"Hey, what's up?" "Well, nothing much" I say. "What's up at your end?" "Oh! Nothing, I'm just SO bored"
That's pretty much how most of my conversations begin. And end. Probably because I tend to feel withdrawn from people who use the word 'bored' too often.
Is it unusual for me that I almost never get bored? People often ask me "What do you do all day long? Don't you get bored?"
Well, no. I don't. I don't allow myself to be bored. Being bored is a useless thing. I mean, I don't get it, how can one be bored with so much they can do with their life. Living, in itself is amazing. Being bored is something I cannot afford to be. I always try to keep myself busy doing something or the other.
A child's natural ability to quell boredom has always fascinated me. Sometimes, all they need is a packaging around a gift and they could stay busy toying with it for hours.
The reason why people get bored is because they constantly feel the need to have something exciting happening in their lives all the time and when they realise that life is not meeting their expectations or ideals, they get 'bored'.
To be precise, Life is what's happening to you while you are busy getting bored.
Getting back to me, I believe that life's too short to be bored. So I am constantly trying to utilise every moment that I have been blessed with. Because having abundant of spare time with nothing to do is a luxury; something not available to those merely fighting for survival.
I enjoy reading, baking, tinkering with my computer, or simply spending some quality time with my family. I can keep myself occupied by doing the simplest or most insignificant of things like staring out the window for hours, Arranging and re-arranging my wardrobe, or doing some chores around the house.
When all else fails, I turn to the world inside me. That world is endless. No matter what chaos I'm in, I know I can always turn to the secret world on the inside. That unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, crazy, amazing world, where I let my thoughts wander. My thoughts alone tend to take up a fair share of my time and keep me entertained.
So, it doesn't matter whether what I'm doing is productive or not. I might not even be achieving anything out of what I am doing. But is achievement really the point of life?
'Live your life' or 'Bore yourself to death.' You choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment